- One of the main front lines Donbass, in eastern Ukraine, On Tuesday, April 5, the situation was stable, but an imminent Russian offensive was expected, Agence France-Presse notes. Russia is getting stronger “taking control of the entire Donbass” and reach “land bridge with Crimea”annexed by Moscow in 2014, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said.
- in around Kyiv where the Russian army left, terrible discoveries are multiplying. According to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, the situation in Borodyanka (60 km west of Kyiv) would be even worse “according to the number of victims” than Butch.
- According to latest british intelligence reportUkrainian troops occupied most of north of Ukraine, “forcing the Russians to withdraw from the areas around Chernihiv and north of Kyiv ». In the area of KharkovThe Institute for the Study of War (IVV) predicts a complete withdrawal of Russian troops from the Sumy region in the coming days.
- IN Khersonin SouthwestAccording to historian and ex-soldier Michel Goya, the Russian position remains, although it appears weakened. ISW reports effective counterattacks by Ukrainian forces that would allow them to regain their positions in the region.
- Vladimir Zelensky accused Russian forces in the UN Security Council of having sent ” hundreds of thousands “ Ukrainians in Russia. In addition, the Ukrainian president demanded that Russia “be responsible” from “Worst War Crimes” since World War II, while demanding his removal from the Security Council.
- France’s national anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office announced on Tuesday that it had opened three new “war crimes” investigations for acts committed to the detriment of French citizens in Ukraine since the beginning of the Russian invasion. Russia continues to reject “categorically” all charges.
- About 200 Russian diplomats expelled from Europe forty-eight hours later. Following Germany, France and Lithuania, Italy, Spain, Denmark and Slovenia expelled Russian diplomats en masse on Tuesday, marking a further deterioration in relations with Moscow.
- The European Commission proposed “twenty-seven” to tighten sanctions against Moscow by halting purchases of Russian coal (45% of EU imports) and closing European ports to Russian-operated ships. Brussels is also proposing a total ban on operations for four key Russian banks. The United States will provide Kiev with $100 million in additional security assistance.
- More than 4.2 million Ukrainians left their country following an invasion ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24, according to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports about the war in Ukraine
Actual. Abuses in Bucha, Ukraine: Many countries blame Russia, which disputes
Decryption. Europeans ready for Russian coal embargo
Report. Russian exiles see no “possible return” in Tbilisi
History. Tour de France initiatives in favor of Ukrainian refugees
Decryption. Massacre in Bucha: in social networks, Moscow’s disinformation operation
Service. “In Russia, crises are not the exception, but the rule”
Video. In Bucha, the streets have turned into an open-air cemetery
You can find our yesterday’s broadcast at this link
Why is my question not posted? “: How Le Monde Manages Live Publishing